1. Parties. The parties to this agreement are you and Solomon Island Holidays, where “Solomon Island Holidays”,“Solhols”,”the
Company”,“we”,”our”, or “us” means Solomon Island Holidays ABN 93010687733 and
its employees and agents, and “you”, “your”, a “client” or a “Passenger” means
any person taking advantage of the services offered by Solomon Island Holidays and any
other persons included in a booking through Solomon Island Holidays. If you are using the
services of a travel agent, the agent deals with Solomon Island Holidays as your agent at
law, and not as the agent of Solomon Island Holidays.
2. Acceptance of Terms & Conditions. The booking of travel arrangements with Solomon Island Holidays shall be an acknowledgement that either you (or your travel agent as your agent) have read and accept these terms and conditions.
3. Website Validity & Accuracy. Solomon Island Holidays has sought the accuracy of all information provided on the website, however we will not accept responsibility for any errors, either arising from printing or typographical errors, changes since website construction, or otherwise, and you agree not to hold us responsible for such matters.
4. Pictures, maps hotel locations: Maps in the brochure or website are provided as general information only and are only an approximate guide. Maps are not to scale. All photographs are protected by copyright and may not be saved, copied or published unless given permission in writing by the owner.
5. Hotel rooms, bedding and other descriptions. Hotel descriptions, room photographs and any facilities featured are based on information available at the time of construction, are subject to change. The bedding guide is indicative only, and is subject to change without notice and to reservations at the hotel and/or other circumstances beyond our control. Prices are based on existing bedding in the room. Any requests for alternative arrangements are to be made at the time of making your booking. Such requests will be subject to availability and may incur additional charges. Solomon Island Holidays does not own or operate any hotels or other accommodation and makes no representation or warranty as to hotel descriptions and features or the availability, cost or standard of bedding arrangements, and you agree not to hold Solomon Island Holidays responsible for any such matters.
6. Standard of Services. Standards of service on your holiday are based upon factors outisde of Solomon Island Holidays’ control. Solomon Island Holidays does not own nore operate the airlines, cruiselines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle hire services and the like whose transport, accommodation, meals or other services you may receive on your holiday, and Solomon Island Holidays makes no warranty or representation as to the standard of fitness for the purpose of such services, and you agree not to hold Solomon Island Holidays responsible for such matters.
7. Destination: Solomon Island Holidays makes no warranty or representation as to the safety, weather, requirements of any overseas country or governmental authority, overseas laws and policies or matters. You should obtain your own travel advice from, but not limited to, such sources as the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
8. Changes in Price, Holiday Itineraries and other variations: The nightly cost price indicator is a guide only and is based upon the lead in (cheapest) room available for purchase through Solomon Island Holidays. Not all available room categories at that hotel may fall into that price indicator range. Except where expressly noted otherwise, prices are in Australian Dollars and are subject to change without notice. Currency fluctuations may affect the price of your booking. Solomon Island Holidays reserve the right to adjust its prices as necessary at any time. Solomon Island Holidays also reserves the right to pass on any costs imposed by airlines for ticketing, plus a service fee, GST and other imposts. Government taxes and charges imposed by third parties are also subject to change, and Solomon Island Holidays reserves the right to pass on such charges. Any verbal estimate of price is an estimate only which will be subject to a written confirmation. The price of your holiday will not be finalised until full payment is received by Solomon Island Holidays. You should be aware that airlines, cruise lines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle hire services and the like make schedule and other changes beyond Solomon Island Holidays’ control and you agree not to hold Solomon Island Holidays responsible for such matters. If circumstance requires us to make changes to your holiday, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule departures and itineraries. Where it is necessary to change a hotel we reserve the right to substitute accommodation of at least a similar standard.
9. Deposit & Balance of the Holiday Price: No monies shall be received by Solomon Island Holidays until we are in the possession of cleared funds. A minimum deposit of $300 (inclusive of GST) per person is payable within seven (7) days of confirmation of your reservation. Solomon Island Holidays reserves the right to cancel your booking without notice to you if the payment of the deposit has not been received by Solomon Island Holidays within the time prescribed. Solomon Island Holidays requires payment of the balance of monies due no later than forty-five (45) days prior to departure, unless otherwise specified. In the event the balance of monies due is not received by Solomon Island Holidays by the due date, Solomon Island Holidays reserves the right to cancel the booking without notice to you and to apply the appropriate cancellation charges. All package prices quoted are based on payment being made in cash. An additional 1.5% credit card service fee will be applied to the dollar amount paid by credit card (except Amercian Express which is 3.5%).
10. Late Bookings: Bookings made within forty five (45) days of departure will only be accepted if full payment is received by Solomon Island Holidays at the time of reservation.
11. Cancellations, Alterations, Refunds and Reissues: Prior to Final Payment: If you cancel your holiday at any time you will forfeit your deposit and may also forfeit any deposits paid to third parties. After Final Payment: In addition to forfeiting your deposit you may liable for cancellation fees charged by airlines, cruise lines, hotels, sightseeing, transfers, vehicle hire services, and the like, amounting to all or a portion of monies paid. Once your holiday has commenced, no refund whatsoever is available for a cancellation after the date of commencement of the holiday package, or in respect of any itinerary item, fares, accommodation or any other service not utilised. Land Only Service Fee: A service fee of $50.00 (exclusive of GST) per booking will be applied. Land only bookings must include a minimum of one night’s accommodation or one days’ carhire. Sundries Fee: At Solomon Island Holidays absolute discretion, and regardless of whether a reservation is made, a service fee of $30.00 (exclusive of GST) may be charged where mulitple attendances, telephone calls, letters, facsimiles and/or emails are required to make a reservation.
12. Items not included in the price of your holiday: Airfares and associated taxes not detailed in the itinerary; passport, visa and other governmental fees; insurance; room service, telephone calls, laundry and other hotel charges not detailed in the itinerary; meals and beverages not detailed in the itinerary, gratuities; excess baggage charges; any costs expenses or losses incurred in the event of your illness or injury; any costs expenses or losses arising from your being refused access to or being removed from any location; and any other costs, expense or loss of whatever nature not specifically included in your itinerary. Solomon Island Holidays does not accept responsibility for any cost, expense or loss incurred in relation to such matters and you agree not to hold Solomon Island Holidays so responsible.
13.Passport Names: It is your responsibility to ensure all names being used to make a booking with Solomon Island Holidays are exactly the same as those appearing in the relevant passport. Any name/initial or spelling changes will incur a $150 fee (exclusive of GST) per change.
14. Insurance: Solomon Island Holidays recommends that you have adequate coverage for the entire travel time from/to your home port and it should cover cancellation charges, baggage loss, medical expenses and theft. Solomon Island Holidays does not own or operate an insurer and you agree not to hold us responsible for any decision made by the insurers.
15. Visas and Health Requirements: It is your responsibility to find out about applicable visa, passport, customs, quarantine, health, immigration and other requirements of countries you are intending to visit or pass through. Solomon Island Holidays accepts no responsibility for these matters or refusal of entry into the country/countries of your destination and you agree not to hold Solomon Island Holidays so responsible.
16. Credit Card Required: To secure payment for items not included in the price of your holiday, certain service providers, including such as airlines, cruise lines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle hire services and the like may require validation of a current credit card. Solomon Island Holidays does not accept responsibility for any consequence of this practice, and you agree not to hold Solomon Island Holidays responsible for such consequences.
17. Reward Programs/Frequent Flyer Points: Airfares forming part of any booking may or may not attract reward programs/frequent flyer points. It is your responsibility to check whether any airfares do or do not include reward programs/frequent flyer points. Reward programs/frequent flyer points are not within the control of Solomon Island Holidays and you agree not to hold Solomon Island Holidays responsible for such matters.
18. Disclosure of Personal Information: The Company may be requested to disclose your condition of health or other personal information to a supplier of services connected with your holiday. You authorise the Company and/or its servants and agents to make such disclosure on your behalf and agree that such disclosure shall not constitute a breach of confidence or duty and that you will not hold us liable for such disclosure, whether pursuant to the Privacy Act 1986, in tort, in contract or under any equal opportunity or other legislation.
19. Entire Agreement: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Solomon Island Holidays, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, there will be no variation of or addition to the terms unless agreed by us in writing. Please note that no supplier, travel agent or their employees or agents are authorised to make any warranty or representation on our behalf.
20. Severability: To the fullest extent possible any part hereof being a whole or part of clause shall be capable of severance without affecting any other part of the terms and conditions.
21. Limitation of Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by Law, Solomon Island Holidays excludes all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to loss or damage to property of whatsoever nature, physical and psychological injury, economic loss, disappointment or inconvenience) that may arise in any way (including but not limited to breach of contract, breach of statutory duty or negligence) in connection with the offer or supply of goods and services through or by Solomon Island Holidays or by any third parties. Should the law impose an obligation upon Solomon Island Holidays which may not be excluded, then to the fullest extent permissable by law, Solomon Island Holidays’ liability is limited, at the discretion of Solomon Island Holidays, to a maximum of a refund of monies paid by you to Solomon Island Holidays or the re-supplying of the relevant goods or services, whichever is the lesser. Without limiting the generality of the above, Solomon Island Holidays does not accept responsibility or liability, and you will not seek to hold Solomon Island Holidays responsible or liable, for any acts, omissions or defaults of service providers such as airlines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle carhire services, or cruise lines and the like, whether negligent or otherwise, or for your acts, omissions, defaults, conduct, state of health, conditions or other circumstance or for any events beyond Solomon Island Holidays’ control.
22.Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the state of Queensland, Australia and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland and Courts of Appeal from those Courts and waive any right they may have to claim that those Courts are an inconvenient forum.
23. Financial Protection: Solomon Island Holidays is a subsidiary of BLT(QLD)Pty Ltd which is a participant in the Travel Compensation Fund (“TCF”) www.tcf.org.au.